Introduction: Physical security is the security of personnel, hardware, programs, networks, and data from physical environments and events that could cause serious sufferers or damage to an enterprise, agency, or organization for asp.net software companies in india. This contains security from fire, natural disasters, theft, vandalism, and terrorism.
Physical security breaches can result in more problems for an institute than a wormattack. Loss of data, temporary loss of accessibility by shutting systems down, or longer term loss of accessibility by bomb or arson are all things to reflect when applying physical security.
Physical security is often ignored (and its importance undervalued) in favor of more technical and dramatic matters such as hacking, viruses, Trojans, and spyware. However, breaches of physical security can be accepted with little or no technical knowledge on the chunk of an attacker. Moreover, accidents and natural calamities are a part of everyday life, and in the long term, are unavoidable for asp.net software companies india or any company for that matter.
The security of laptops and desktops is often ignored; laptops in particular. According to
(Institute, Physical Security, 2015), laptop usage
related to desktop has been growing since 2010 and their 2019 forecast is 121
million desktops compared to 170 million laptops. They also plan tablet use to
continue to decline after the tablets will replace PCs mania of 2013 when more
tablets were sold than laptops. Android, Windows and Mac (from Apple Inc) also have the
capability so match files across all devices: PC, laptop, tablet. If one of
them is lost, it is a probable portal into all of them.
Physical Security Protection
Relying on the organization physical security countermeasures will differ in c#.net companies in india. A government agency such as the Department of Defense may have armed guards at the door of the house. Many governments are not in the situation of breaching national security so armed guards are not a requirement. In many cases a administrator greets any new visitors and makes the suitable provisions for an on-site visit. Let's analyze some physical security countermeasures for the server room, laptops and desktops.
Server Room Protection
- Access Control Cards - These are secured to a specific user and must be swiped in order to get admission. The disadvantage is that they can be stolen and used without authorization and they are really costly to implement.
- Biometrics - Uses a physical characteristic such as a fingerprint or retina to recognize a user. Due to the cost of applying this solution, as well as employee privacy issues, biometrics has not been broadly accepted yet.
- User Awareness - User awareness is by far the most vital aspect to security for c#.net softwarecompanies india. Programs like Securing the Human are becoming as critical as anti-virus.
- User Awareness - Employees need to be made alert that strangers cannot be in the office without a guide. Awareness programs should inspire all employees to confront and ask an unnamed individual if they need any help.
- Laptop Locks - These cables are physically linked to the laptop, which are then linked to a desk. A key is essential to unlock the cable and, although these cables can be cut, instigating them on easily transferrable devices such as laptops may deter an attacker from truly making the effort.
- OS Hardening - USB ports for drives and CD-R/DVD-R drives should be restricted on all laptops/desktops so that files cannot be simply copied and stolen by a malevolent user drifting around the office. NOTE: there is still the issue of USB devices that are programmable keyboards in asp dot net companies in india.